Our whole College has been designed for Learning!
At St John XXIIII Catholic College creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, communication, connectivity and excellence are nurtured in contemporary and purpose built learning and recreational spaces.
Students learn differently at each stage of their lives so this is considered in our planning and design, as well as the best way for a teacher to deliver that learning for each age group.
Flexible learning spaces support tailored delivery of learning for the individual child, small groups of children and when larger groups are together.
One classroom can be used in many different ways and even the furniture is carefully selected so that the right pieces can be easily moved around and used for different purposes.
All classrooms have spaces where children can demonstrate their learning, an important skill they develop for use throughout their lives. Multiple spaces support students to share learning with just a few other people, a large group of their classmates or even their parents.
This level of attention to detail ensures that each new space is truly providing the ultimate learning environment for each child.
Creativity, collaboration and excellence are nurtured in purpose built contemporary learning and recreational spaces.
Variety of outdoor space
Maximising opportunities for outdoor learning and play space in courtyards, terrace spaces and in-between buildings. Outdoor spaces are designed to be sheltered but receive sunlight and breezes. The connection of play spaces to learning areas will be a key benefit of the design.
Building works are designed around learning hubs connected by terraced courtyard learning spaces.
Library and gathering area
Art and Applied Science
Administration and collaboration
Science and fitness
Spectacular Performance Hub
Multipurpose hall and music, dance and drama spaces.
Each learning space has:
- 15 visual points of focus with audio-visual technology, video conferencing, and the ability to show, capture and share learning insights
- Movable space dividers backed with whiteboards which introducing more wall surface area
- 2 ‘Happy Days’ booths
- Dedicated break out space
- Acoustically separate breakout space for 4 students where they can do their recordings, conduct a video conference or session but you have the acoustic separation
- Flexible furniture that can be moved and reconfigured as required.
General facilities include:
- Entertainment and Performance Hub
- Music Rooms
- Practise Spaces
- Recording Studio
- Drama Room
- Cafe 23
- Hospitality Rooms
- Green room for video production
- Tech support
- a fully-equipped physical and virtual library
- Science labs
- Industrial technology rooms
- Sporting facilities including ovals, basketball courts and playgrounds.
We would love to meet you!
Thank you for considering the Stanhope Catholic Learning Community.
We would love a chance to show you just how bright the future can be!